Massage therapy is a great addition to our arsenal of treatments for soft tissue conditions. Guided by a functional chiropractic examination, Doc Steve communicates closely with our massage therapists to ensure that they work the proper soft tissues or muscles, in the proper patient position and at the proper intensity. This not only ensures that your massage is relaxing but also therapeutic and hastens your recovery. When used in conjunction with chiropractic care and rehab exercises the best results are achieved. Our massage therapists provide the following types of soft tissue work: deep tissue, connective tissue, prenatal, trigger point, sports, and shiatsu. Massage therapy can help:
- Alleviate neck and low back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Work and stretch weak, tight, atrophied or overused muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Release endorphins – neurotransmitters that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve headache/migraine pain.
- Aches, stiffness and pain from arthritis.
- Better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow with asthmatic children.
- High blood pressure patients have demonstrated lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Decreased water retention and cramping in pre-menstrual patients.
Our massage therapist are at the disposal of you, your family and your friends for stress relief, therapy, and other individual needs. Please call to inquire about appointments or gift certificates.
Performance Enhancement & Injury Prevention
At Innovative Muscle Therapy and Pain Center, we have a passion to help the athletes of our community rise to the next level of performance in their sport. Doc Steve enjoys local high school sports, volunteering in the community, and contributing to the success of its athletics programs. Programs offered at Innovative Muscle Therapy and Pain Center:
• Treatment for sports injuries
• Functional rehabilitation for pre and post surgery
• Core training
• Full body bio-mechanic evaluation (sport specific)
• Personal training and Rehabilitation program
• Dynamic warm-up routine instruction
At Innovative Muscle Therapy and Pain Center, we specialize in treatment beyond traditional chiropractic treatment. We utilize myo-facial relief techniques and full body bio-mechanical screenings which are sports specific for each athlete. Injuries such as shoulder problems in overhead athletes such as pitchers. Ankle, knee and hip problems in soccer players, ice skaters, tri-athletes, runners and cyclists of all levels. Dr. Mathews can provide very effective, conservative treatment of these conditions. Injuries are approached from a functional standpoint. Restrictive soft tissues and joints are released and then the athlete is given exercises to rehabilitate the area that directly pertain to their sport. This improves the dysfunction while speeding re-entry back into their sport. Dr. Mathews has extensive diagnostic knowledge and skill to recognize fractures and soft tissue tears in order to get these athletes the proper treatment as soon as possible in such cases.
Our office has a sports and conditioning trainer to enhance speed, agility and power for our athletes. These programs combine the latest research in athletic training and injury prevention to maximize athletic ability. Our customized exercise programs and drills are used by many of the world’s top professional and Olympic athletes.
Athletes and teams require a warm-up regime before games and practices, but many times this warm-up consists of stretching cold muscles and the routine doesn’t functionally apply to the sport. A dynamic routine that activates the stabilizing structures of the body and warms up the musculature before a stretching routine is available for athletes to prevent injury and optimize performance.
At Innovative Muscle Therapy and Pain Center our goal for local athletes and our patients is “performance enhancement at all levels.” We help you or your team the competitive edge necessary to excel in your sport.